Manager, Front End Development
Senior Director, Application Development
The following describes the various aspects of the designated job. Some or all of these aspects may be changed over time, with or without notice, at the sole discretion of the ACGME.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States (US) on a full-time basis. The ACGME will not provide employment sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B Visa or other US employment authorization).
Under direction, oversees the development of the user interface and user experience for ACGME desktop and mobile applications and systems. Collaborates with business analysts and product management/developer teams to research and define design requirements. Translates findings into functional specifications. Plans and implements new designs based on latest processes and technologies. This is the second level of a two-level User Interface Designer/Developer series. The senior level is distinguished by its responsibility for leading and directing a small team of user interface designer/developers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the design and development of modern user interfaces for web and mobile platforms.
- Implements application user interface (UI) design patterns with an emphasis on standards, usability, and accessibility and performance.
- Creates quality UI prototype mock-ups and develops documentation and guides for developers.
- Evaluates emerging UI frameworks and scripting technologies and provides migration planning and guidance for development team.
- Responsible for ensuring adopted UI technologies are kept up to date, providing guidance on upgrading and breaking changes.
- Ensures high-quality graphic and layout standards and brand consistency within applications.
- Collaborates with developers and product managers to build scalable sites and software.
- Manages practices to determine the prioritization and feasibility of new features and improvements.
- Designs and reviews code for reusable front-end infrastructure and components.
- Meets with colleagues to gather system and user requirements needed for the front-end team to build intuitive user interfaces and experiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff member(s). Supervisory functions include: making hiring and termination decisions; prioritizing assignments and directing work; developing and overseeing employee work schedules and approving time away from work; provides and/or facilitating employee training and development; approving/processing employee concerns and problems and counseling or disciplining as appropriate; completing employee performance appraisals; determining or making recommendations regarding new hire salaries and salary changes; and acting as the liaison between employees and Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, Industrial Design, or a related field.
- Five years’ experience and portfolio of UI and User Experience (UI/UX) design work for desktop, web, and mobile platforms.
- Graduate degree in a related field of study.
- Eight years’ experience and portfolio of UI/UX design work for desktop, web, and mobile platforms.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL SETS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in web technologies such as AngularJS, Bootstrap (Versions 3-5), and React.JS.
- Deep understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, inclusive of SASS.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft MVC, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio 2019, Azure DevOps and Git.
- Exceptional coder with high familiarity in server-side web frameworks.
- High familiarity with cross-browser compatibility issues and demonstrated design and user interface/user experience skills.
Most of the work of the Manager, Front End Development is normally done in the ACGME office with the typical physical demands of an office environment. The Manager, Front End Development will need to be able to work remotely efficiently and effectively. Minimal travel may be required.
The ACGME is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled and Veteran Employer. The ACGME welcomes differences in the form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression status. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BA
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :